Course Approved for 2.0 CEU credits by the Mississippi State Board of Physical Therapy
This course, Ethics and Professional Responsibility for the Mississippi Physical Therapist, is designed to provide continuing education that focuses on the ethical, legal and moral decisions facing the therapy professional. This course includes information about the Mississippi Physical Therapy Practice Act, the American Physical Therapy Association Code of Ethics, Standards of Ethical Conduct for the PTA, the Guide for Professional Conduct for Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants, and a study of the background of the philosophy of ethics. This course also provides a post-test to determine the knowledge level gained from content of the course.
This course will educate the intended audience to make the correct ethical decisions in the workplace. This course meets the requirements of 2 CEUs in Ethics for the Mississippi Physical Therapist.
Course Goals and Objectives
Following this course the PT/PTA will be able to:
- Have a working and usable knowledge of the history of ethics and apply that to physical therapy
- Utilize case scenarios to assist in helping other therapist to make ethical decisions
- Understand the relationship of ethics to the field of Philosophy
- Understand the difference between Morals and Ethics
- Utilize a model for ethical decision making
- Distinguish the role of PTAs in administration of patient care for physical therapy
- Communicate in an appropriate and ethical manner with patients
Lisa Fleming, M.Ed
Leah Hobart, RN, BSN
Carol Hanna, PT, DPT
Physical Therapists and Physical Therapist Assistants Licensed in the State of Mississippi
This course is applicable for introductory and advanced learners.
Method of Instruction / Availability
Online text-based course / available 24/7
Requirement for CE Credits
A score of 70% or greater on the course post-test.
Continuing Education Credits
Two (2) hours of continuing competence credit
How to Get Started
Click the first unit below to begin. If you have purchased this course, you will be able to take the course quiz and earn your CEUs upon marking each reading section complete.